Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kids!!

Well, I am glad to say that my biggest worry in life is down to wondering "...how much more junk can my husband collect around our yard?"
Back to normal...such words have never seemed so sweet. I have craved this for over a month now and finally think I am almost there. Yes, normal to me is kinda hectic and crazy, but that keeps life interesting hey?
I have another embarassing child moment. Sometimes I wonder how I dare take them out in public.....
We had to take Tay to the doctor this morning (by the way she is doing sooooo well and healing so fast she might get to go back to school 1 week early) on the way home, Nolan was screaming he wanted to stop at the barnyard (the Red Barn). I obliged because how often is it that I am not in a hurry trying to meet a hundred different deadlines?
We browsed for a bit and Nolan picked out a bag of candy he wanted. We were waiting to be checked out and Nolan got impatient and opened his candy. I gave him the "eye" that told him not to eat it yet and he blurts out "You want me to hide this bag of candy mom?". Well, there was this man behind us that says "Geez lady, what are you teaching your kid?" and the clerk is now giving me the "eye". Good grief! I almost ran out of the store in embarassment, but then for sure they would think I was hiding my own bag of candy or something.
I am not sure my muttered expanation did any justice and still not sure why Nolan would say that, but I am sure I will probably try to avoid taking Drew or Nolan with me anywhere there are other people ;)
-Mandi

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Hooray! Back to a crazy life! Back to little insignificant worries! Whew! I am cracking up not at your story in general, but because I can picture exactly the look Nolan gave you. So funny. Daisy said something so embarassing in front of other people the other day that I can't even post it, but I'll have to tell you about it...

Heidi said...

Hey Mandi I am happy to hear Taylor is doing better. She is amazing. It cracks me up to read the comments from Drew and Nolan. Nolan was just a baby the last time I seen him so I don't know his personality. However it reminds me of Tay's. Do you remember kindergarten graduation when the girls did three blind mice and Taylor lost her tail? It was hilarious I still think you should send that in to funniest home videos! Tell her we said Hi. Today is Keeters B-day so we will post some pics soon.

Wyatt and Nikki said...

Hey Mandi...I've tried calling a couple of times from work and couldn't get ya buy hopefully we are coming over on saturday!! Life has been crazy and I've been working pretty much 6 day's a week
:( so well see ya on saturday!!

Wyatt and Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Hey Mandi!
What cute kids you have... and sounds like they are full of it! I am so glad Tay is doing so well... what a kid. Savvy wants to stop in next time we are up there, so we will call you.... Love you guys bunches!

gregandjaime said...

Mandi -- How random is this that I found you!! But whats even weirder is that I have the same background as you. I used to log into my friends account and start searching and it wasn't till last week that me and my sisters created our own. I loved reading your blogs reading about your cute kids and knowing that Taylor is getting better. I hope your family is doing so good and that things are getting back to normal!