Saturday, October 4, 2008

tagged.......

So, my friend Heidi tagged me a while back and I am finally taking the time to... would you say get untagged?
Ryan left on Thursday morning to New Mexico. His brother drew and once-in-a-lifetime elk tag and could take only two people with him. So Ryan, his brother and their dad all went and will be gone for 10 days.
The first 10 years of our marriage Ry was always out of town working and it was just the way we lived so it never bothered me. Now though, I miss him like crazy.....so I figured it was a good time to think about his qualities and fill this tag:

1. Where did you meet your husband?
In kindergarten....he use to chase me around the school yard trying to play kissing tag! No, I did not enjoy it like he did!

2. How long did you date before you got married?
Approximately three years

3. How long have you been married?
13 awesome years

4. What does he do that surprises you?
He never seems to do anything that surprises me. I have known him my whole life and he is my soul mate. For reals, we always finish each others thoughts and sentences and call each other on the phone at the exact same time...it is kinda scary sometimes. The only thing I can think he does that surpries me is that sometimes he doesn't get upset at something that has happend when I think he might....Does that count? Probably not.

5. What is your favorite feature if his.
His hands. They are perfect. If I elaborate someone will be sure to get the wrong idea ;)

6. What is your favorite quality?
His work ethic. The man is like The hulk-he never stops. He is also a natural born leader. He is always ready to take charge and make things work. Ok, one other thing...he is so cute about always calling his mom and sister. He is just not settled unless he keeps tabs on each of them.

7. Does he have a nick name for you?
"Woman" (don't get offended it is a joke between us)

8. What is his favorite food?
Pretty much anything other than German pancakes. The man can eat pudding on porkchops and put away more food than 3 people together, but feed him German pancakes and he turns green on the spot!

9. What is his favorite sport.
Baseball for sure-Go Braves!!!

10. When and where did you first kiss.
It was a girls choice dance our Sophmore year-that is the only thing we agree on. I know he made the first move, but his fantasies insist I "jumped" him! Gag!!!

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
hang-out and just talk about life, anything we do as a family

12. Do you have children?
Yep, Taylor-10; Drew-6; Nolan-4

13. Does he have any hidden talents.
Well beyond being able to do any manly thing conceivable, he also is one he** of a window washer, he can knit, quilt, bottle food in the fall, and he makes a mean dish of cowboy beans.

14. How old is he?
32

15. Who said I love your first.
Jeez, probably me. He was too cool for that when we were younger....

16. What is his favorite music?
He has everything from Metallica to Neil Diamond in his collection. The only thing he doesn't like is rap/hip-hop music

17. What do you admire most about him?
I am going to steal Heidi's response, I love how she said it:
"His loyalty. He loves his wife and family, we make him proud. I know there is
no one who could love me as much as he does." (thanks heidi)

18. What is his favorite color?
Well, I thought it was blue so I always have bought him a lot of blue clothing. The other day he asked me "why in the heck do you buy me so many blue items? I barely even like that color!!" I was so much in shock I never thought to ask him what his favorite color really is...

19. Will he read this?
umm, maybe if he is slow at work and thinks about it when he is on the computer.

20. Who do you tag?
Emily Forscutt, Natasha, Janell, Machelle & Kendra

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Nice work Mandi!! I was just getting ready to send you a post and tell you it was time for an update :) I love keeping in touch with you and your family. We miss you tons!

Linda said...

Hey there Mandi Lou!
I was just thinking how we didn't get to spend a lot of time with Ryan while you guys lived in Salina.... so it was nice to hear more about him. Savvy has been driving me crazy to see Taylor.... How is the injuries healing? Well, hopefully we can get together soon.

Linda said...

Go Braves..... I guess???? We will definately stop by next time we are going through Nephi.... Savvy's dad is hunting for almost this entire month, but we will ASAP! He still lives in Santaquin. Love you guys BUNCHES!

Wyatt and Nikki said...

I'm so glad you updated!! Hopefully we get to see ya at the deer-hunt party...I think it might change from friday to saturday but not sure!! Tell Taylor that me and wyatt really do "Love her" even though we havent made it over to see her:(

Natasha said...

This was so fun to read. You even made me tear up at one point! You guys are such a cute couple and so fun to be around. Thanks for sharing!

PATTI BOWLES said...

A mother can only pray for a husband to take care of her daughter and grandchildren like Ryan does you. I am so thankful for him and his dedication to his family. You are all a little bit "screwy" and I wouldn't have it any other way. Love, Mom

Shober Fam said...

Cute slideshow!