Tuesday, October 21, 2008

another tag

another tag (which i love by the way...i think it is a quick insight into the minds of others...if i see you looking oddly at me next time i see you i will know you have been given too much insight!)

Eight things I'm passionate about:
1. my family
2. Wishing I could speak with either a drawl like a texan or talk with a crisp english accent
3. the Gospel and becoming a stronger/better member the Lord and my family can be proud of
4. food-eating it
5. food-cooking it
6. taking care of widows/widowers. I have cried myself to sleep several nights in the last couple of months because i get so down about people being lonely and unable to do things for themselves. How do you help them effectively? How do you give enough time to really make a difference? how do you give enough time to all those who need it? how do i teach my children to reach out to those who need it? how do you realize to the full extend each of their needs with the limited time you have? how do you comfort them effectively? i could go on and on....
7. my kids learning good habits
8. scentsy warmers and waxes

Eight words or phrases I use all the time:
1. whatever!
2. thinkin' not...
3. oh bugger
4. please don't yell
5. no, we are not buying that today
6. taylor, you cannot do that until 10-31-08
7. taylor, for reals, you cannot do that until 10-31-08
8. I LOVE YOU-assuring i say it to ry, tay, drewbie and Nolan each day and learning to say it to other loved ones each time i talk with them.

Eight things I want to do before I die:
1. go camping 1000 times more than I went this year
2. get my food storage up to par. this probably wont happen until RIGHT before I die for a couple reasons. #1-who has that much storage room? Someday when I am old and rich I will build me a small house with a huge storage room. #2-the peeps in my house eat it as fast as I can bottle it...gunna have to wait until the kids have moved out and ry is old and doesn't have much of an appetite anymore. Moral of the story, when I get it up to par, I will pass on and leave my legacy of food storage to my children...whose kids will probably eat it is fast as they can put it on the shelves....?!
3. try cooking every one of the hundreds of recipes I have collected over the years
4. see Niagra falls (yeah weird huh, seeing as how i am SCARED TO DEATH of water)
5. Purchase an insanely expensive original LDS painting of Joseph Smith
6. Get the basement finished (ha-ha that is a joke directed towards my hubby)
7. figure out how to use my time more wisely
8. serve a couples mission with ry

Eight things I currently want or need:
1. A vacation
2. a new dishwasher
3. my own treadmill (my mother, bless her heart, is forgoing her exercise so i can use her treadmill for now)
4. for my children to quit shoving random items under the bed and couches when they are cleaning
5. more new scentsy waxes
6. to pay my bills (that is what i should be doing right now)
7. I need to get my flu and pneumonia vaccinations-sooner than later
8. to talk my husband into some cross-dressing for his supper-club halloween costume

Eight Places I want to visit:
1. The Sacred Grove
2. Ireland/Scotland
3. I have been, but I want to take my family to the Redwood Forest
4. Niagra Falls (again...go figure)
5. Yellowstone
6. Atlanta to watch a Braves game
7. Grand Ole Oprey
8. Broadway to watch as many shows as I could

Eight Favorite Restaurants:
1. Red Lobster
2. Fuddruckers
3. Sizzler
4. Any good Mexican Restaraunt, especially El Mexicano in Salina
5. Olive Garden
6. P.F. Changs
7. Chick-fill-a
8. Game Day Pizza (yummy-Matt says I am his best customer..thus the need for the treadmill)

Eight TV show I watch:
1. Lost
2. Project Runway
3. Ghost Hunters
4. Destination truth
5. Animal Cops
6. What not to wear
7. American Idol
8. The Amazing Race

I tag anyone who wants to fill this!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

I am laughing out loud at the things you need to do. Too funny. And I think you are the most sincere passionate person I have come across! Great post.

Natasha said...

P.S. Your pictures are adorable!

Benson Family said...

Your kids are cute!!!! I like all the pictures. I am glad Taylor is doing well and home and starting to get things back to a more normal state for you guys.

Shane and Kendra said...

So you have me wondering what the scentsy waxes are...i'm in the dark! You are so sweet. I love how you are so willing to help those around you.

Shober Fam said...

Hey Mandi! Will you tell Ryan Happy Birthday for me? Thanks! Love you all!