Sunday, October 26, 2008

scary drewbie?

Drew has been obsessed with being Frankenstein for Halloween. She has been practicing her "Frankenstein/zombie" walk for a week or so now and thinks she has it down. Luckily my sister came through and found Drew this "girl" Frankenstein costume!! I don't think it is quite as scary as she was hoping, but I think she is a doll!! Her dance group performed at the craft show this weekend. Too funny! Notice how Drew is bossing the other kids around...wonder where she gets that from?? Her mother and father have never been bossy a day in their lives ;) We love little Drewbie and the special spirit she is to our family.



Also this last week, Taylor had her first Volleyball game. She really shouldn't be doing any of this until after Halloween, but Dr. Ryan Miller gave her the green-light....I won't go there.....anyhoo, she had a ton of fun and has officially placed volleyball as her second favorite sport (softball of course is #1). She made me laugh because she has never been a "short-shorts" kinda gal. She likes them long and baggy and has a total complex about wearing them even a centimeter above her knees. Well, she tries on these volleyball shorts which are at least two feet shorter than her comfort zone and says to me, "My legs aren't quite as weird looking as I thought. I have these funny shaped legs and weird knees, but I guess these shorts will be ok to wear while I play". I was tempted to put the short-shorts on and show her just how weird a pair of legs could look in those babies, but figured she didn't need to be traumatized by the shorts any more than she already is! Notice in her pics from the game, the ultra-long socks. We had to go purchase them special the day of the game so she could cope with the fact of wearing the shorts.... What a kid!! Tay is such a joy to us though and we love the fact she keeps us on the move. Our home would be a sad place without her.
Now, I can't leave Nolan out. He is such a good sport to tag along with us to all of his sisters things. He just brings a matchbox or two and is content to let us watch them. No matter what we are watching the girls do though, when it is over his first question is always "did tay/drew win mom?" LOL. We always tell him yes just to keep his spirits up (even it it was just a dance or tumble routine)!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I love the details about Taylor in her volleyball shorts. Sounds just like her. Your kids were so cute in the primary program. Afterward, Jeff was saying what good girls you have, then that night Kandi was commenting on how beautiful all your kids are and how much they look alike. I had to agree.

Wyatt and Nikki said...

I love your new picture's...My favorite is the picture's of there "boot's" I'm glad Taylor's back to her busy self and is doing well!! Nikki

Heidi said...

I love the new slide. Your family is so cute. I hope you can come to Salina this weekend if you do please call us. Keeter read your comment and was way excited. We would love to see you guys. We should be home all weekend.