Wednesday, April 9, 2008

who knew?

I have to admit something..... I always thought I was an o.k. singer until last weekend. As Ryan and I sang along at our home during conference, we both realized (at the same time) just how bad we sounded. We stopped singing and laughed about it, then tried again with the same results - we are horrible singers!!!! We finally just had to quit singing because we were laughing so hard at ourselves we could not finish the song. How did we not know how bad we were before now? Why hasn't anyone told us? Good grief, I am still cringing as I remember the awful sound we were trying to pass off as "singing".... uck. Speaking of conference, a line from one of the talks keeps echoing in my mind... "the time your children spend with you constitutes only 1/4th of your life. Use your time with them wisely." Wow! That really puts things into perspective. How precious time is - use it wisely. Here are some pictures of Drew and Nolan with their new bikes. A little past the fact, but I have been behind... better late than never. Also, Drew had "Wacky Wednesday" today. There is also a pic of her wacky-outfit in all its glory. Oh yeah, one last thing... did you know that there is a special walk that makes others think you are "popular"? Yep, Drew filled me in on that one today. I got the low-down on how it works and a nice demonstration of how to do it. Ask her next time you see her..... that is, if you want to be popular ;)


1 comments:

Natasha said...

About the singing thing...I'm glad you realized on your own because I was gonna tell you and didn't have the guts (haha - just kidding!) I totally missed that line in conference, so thanks for sharing!